Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe
A great way to include broccoli in your meal plan, and a delicious meal for the broccoli lover. As we like to say, good family food.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 5 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 pound)
- 1 (10 ounce) pkg. frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded muenster or cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a medium size casserole dish, set aside. Saute onion in butter over medium heat for 3 minutes. mix in flour. Gradually stir in broth, combining well.
- Gradually add milk to saucepan. Cook, stirring continually, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil, add noodles & cook for 6 minutes. Drain noodles well. Spread noodles in prepared baking dish. Place chicken and broccoli over noodles.
- Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Skillet pizza casserole
- Irish Holiday Potatoes
- Biscuit Topped Beef Bake
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- One-Dish Chicken and Rice