Cream of broccoli soup Recipe
This cream of broccoli soup is delicious served as an entree or a sidedish. Perfect for warming you up on a cold day. Your family or guests will enjoy this soup.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10-ounce) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix broth and soup in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, return to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add flour. Cook for 1 minute longer.
- Gradually stir milk into skillet. Cook, stirring continually until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, mix well.
- Stir milk mixture into broccoli mixture. Simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes. Ladle soup into a serving bowl. Top with cheddar.
- Turkey Soup Continental
- Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- Creole Garlic Soup
- Legal Seafood Golden Gazpacho With Shrimp
- Baked Potato Soup