Baked Pecan French Toast Recipe
Prepare this french toast at night for a quick, easy breakfast the next morning.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 12 (1-inch) slices
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vegetable oil spray or melted butter
- Maple syrup
- Place the eggs, milk, sugar, nutmeg or cinnamon and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Mist the bottom of a 12 x 8-inch glass casserole with vegetable oil spray or brush with melted butter. Place the bread slices in a single layer in the pan. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, distributing it evenly. Turn the bread slices once. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap. Sprinkle the bread slices with pecans and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bread slices puff up and pecans are deep brown but not burned.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Baked Lentils With Bacon
- Chaya Brasserie Spicy Louisiana Shrimp Soup
- Shrimp-rice Casserole
- Creole Red Beans And Rice (louisiana French)
- Tombstone Beans