Beer Batter Fried Zucchini Recipe
I love fried zucchini. This hot, cruchy veggie appetizer is simple and delicious.
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Arrange zucchini on piece of wax paper; salt and pepper both sides, using 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and remaining teaspoon salt in medium-size bowl. Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture to a piece of wax paper. Dip both sides of zucchini in the 1/2 cup of flour mixture.
- Stir beer and lemon juice into remaining flour mixture. (Mixture will foam.) Stir until consistency of pancake batter. Heat oil in large skillet. Dip zucchini into batter and sauté half at a time in hot oil until, about 3 minutes on each side. Keep warm in oven while sautéing remaining zucchini.
- Serve immediately.
- Healthier French Fries
- Raspberry Poppy Seed Muffins
- Patty Shells
- Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
- Taco Oysters