Artichoke-parmesan Phyllo Bites Recipe
Phyllo is a Turkish pastry made of paper-thin sheets of raw, unleavened flour dough. This unusual appetizer is creamy and delicious.
- 3 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade; set marinade aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup cheese and garlic. Pulse 4 times or until artichoke hearts are finely chopped. Set aside.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on wax paper (keep remaining phyllo covered). Lightly brush phyllo sheet with oil portion of reserved marinade; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of remaining cheese. Top with another phyllo sheet; brush lightly with oil portion of reserved marinade. Cut phyllo sheet in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into thirds, making 6 sections, each measuring approximately 6 x 5 inches. Place a heaping teaspoon of artichoke mixture in center of each phyllo section. Gather corners of phyllo over filling, and gently twist to close. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo sheets, marinade, cheese and artichoke mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
- Makes 30.