Baba Ganouj Recipe
Baba Ganouj is a Middle Eastern eggplant salad.
- 1 medium size eggplant
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Roast eggplant in a 450 degree F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, turning once, or until flesh is very tender and a sharp knife pierces without resistance.
- When cool enough to handle, remove peel. In a food processor, mince garlic. Add eggplant flesh, lemon juice, tahini and olive oil. Process to blend (may be smooth or a little chunky). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh or toasted pita bread.