Banana Bread Sticks Recipe
A tremendous way to use old bananas that you would have thrown away. Save your over ripe bananas in the freezer and pull out when you are ready to make this recipe. This is a great recipe to prepare during the holiday season; a simple banana bread recipe to make for the family.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 3/4 cups flour (white, whole wheat, or a combination)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine ingredients and stir only until smooth. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until firmly set.
- Cool, remove from pan, and cut into sticks. Spread sticks out on a cookie sheet and bake at 150 degrees F for 1 hour or longer until the sticks are hard and crunchy. Store in a tightly covered container.
- Meal Type: Bread
- Ethnicity: American
- Holiday Category: Christmas
- Preparation Time: Over 1 hour, less than 1 day