Kc Baked Beans Recipe
A hearty side dish perfect for a picnic or barbecue.
- 28 ounces baked beans
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped, peeled
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3 slices crisp bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces BBQ trimmings
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Use your choice of baked beans. I use the Bush's with Onions and then skip the onions in the recipe. Also, use your favorite BBQ sauce. For the BBQ trimmings, you can use any leftover pork or beef. You can also substitute 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings in place of the 3 strips of bacon.
- Mix all together and cook for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- I cook these in the pit for about 3 hours at 225 degrees F. Place them underneath the other meats you are cooking so the drippings are caught in the beans!!