Apple Glazed Pork Loin Recipe
My family loves this marinated pork recipe.
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin (not tenderloin)
- Cajun seasoning
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 cup Brandy
4 cups apple juice or cider
1 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon mace
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
- Season pork with Cajun seasoning.
- Combine the GLAZE ingredients, except the cornstarch and water, in a saucepan and bring to simmer and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add to the hot glaze mix and continue cooking for another minute.
- Let this cool COMPLETELY.
- Place the pork in a large Zip-loc bag and add marinade and let sit overnight.
- Remove pork, reserving the marinade, and allow to come to room temp.
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees F.
- Place the pork on the grill and sear for 5 minutes. Turn over and sear for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 400 degrees F and cook for another 30 to 40 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 145 to 155 degrees F, basting every 15 minutes using the reserved marinade.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- You can use any remaining marinade to serve with the meat. If you do this, boil the marinade first!
- Baked Lentils With Bacon
- Chaya Brasserie Spicy Louisiana Shrimp Soup
- Shrimp-rice Casserole
- Creole Red Beans And Rice (louisiana French)
- Tombstone Beans