Banana Flips Recipe
This is an unusual cake recipe with a delicious banana flavored filling.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant banana pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons banana extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 13 x 9-inch pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Beat in the eggs and the 1 1/2 cups of milk. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the cake comes out clean. While the cake is baking, make the filling.
- Stir together the sugar and flour. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar mixture. Beat in the milk and banana extract until smooth.
- When the cake is cooled, invert onto a serving tray. Spread filling over the top and cover with remaining layer of cake. Keep chilled until 1/2 hour before serving.
- Colossal Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- Dalvay By The Sea Sticky Date Pudding With Toffee Sauce
- Pineapple Tea Cakes
- Herschleb Ice Cream Company Bread Pudding And Butter Sauce
- Falling Chocolate Cakes With Raspberry Sauce