Creole Red Beans And Rice (louisiana French) Recipe
Southern food at its best.
- 1 pound dried red kidney beans
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) ham hock or ham bone with generous amount of meat
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 jalapeņo pepper, chopped
- Place beans and ham hock in a large pot. Cover with water. Water should be 1/2 to 3/4 inch above beans. Heat. When beans and water are hot, add bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, seasonings and jalapeņo pepper. Cook slowly for 2 to 3 hours or until gravy is thick and beans are tender. Salt to taste.
- Serve over fluffy white rice.
- Serves 4.
- Baked Lentils With Bacon
- Chaya Brasserie Spicy Louisiana Shrimp Soup
- Shrimp-rice Casserole
- Tombstone Beans
- Red Lobster Basil Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini