Bloomin' Party Bread Recipe
Turn a loaf sourdough bread into a cheesy party appetizer
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) long loaf sourdough bread, unsliced
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces Monterey jack cheese, sliced
- Make one slice down the top of the bread two thirds of the way through the length. Make a series of cuts 1-inch apart and also two thirds through all the way down the bread to create the "blooming bread" effect. Place the bread on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix the melted butter, poppy seed and garlic powder and pour evenly over bread in between cuts. Take 1/2 green onion and sprinkle between slices. Insert cheese slices in 1 direction, then tear the remaining pieces and insert in the spaces in the other direction. Sprinkle the remaining green onion on top. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted and turning brown and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- Turkey Cranberry Relish Scoops
- Fried Dill Pickles
- Hot Chicken Swirls
- Mini Bagels With Crab Spread
- Mesquite Bean Cakes