Angel Food Cake With Amaretto Almond Sauce Recipe
The recipe is for a Amaretto Almond Sauce for Angel Food Cake.
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons amaretto or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 slices commercial angel food cake
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in amaretto and lemon juice; cook until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Remove from heat; stir in almonds and extract. Serve warm over angel food cake.
- Czechoslovakian Cheesecake
- Banana Pudding Squares
- Green-Eyed Pies
- White Christmas Squares
- Corn Cakes With Raspberry Butter