Central Market Hatch Green Chile Sauce Recipe
Chile sause for use in southwestern or mexican recipes
- 10 to 15 Hatch chiles, stemmed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Flour (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Roast chiles in the oven, just until brown; be careful not to burn. Remove seeds and veins. Put chiles in a pan and cover with water. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Blend in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and garlic in enough cooking oil to lightly coat the bottom of a pan. Add chile puree. Add salt to taste. Heat to serving temperature. Thicken with flour, if necessary. May be frozen.
- Use for huevos rancheros, enchiladas, chilaquiles and other Southwestern favorites.
- Pico de Gallo
- El Torito Cajeta-rum Sauce
- El Charro Cafe Green Enchilada Sauce
- El Chorro Chicken-fried Steak With Del Chorro Sauce
- El Torito Chipotle-tomato Sauce