The Firehouse Chicken With Whiskey Sauce Recipe
This is chicken in whiskey, topped with mushrooms and shallots, and sprinkled with lemon juice.
- 1 (4 pound) chicken
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup whiskey
- 5 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice
- Cut chicken into quarters.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a flameproof casserole Dish, add the chicken pieces and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until golden on all sides.
- Pour whiskey over the chicken. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to steep for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, quarter the mushrooms and sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice. Peel and chop the shallot.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has evaporated. Add the chopped shallot and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Put the mushrooms and shallot in the casserole with the chicken, add half the cream and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over a medium heat for about 30 minutes or until the chicken pieces are tender.
- Arrange the pieces of chicken on a serving platter and keep hot. Return the casserole to the heat and bring back to a boil.
- Mix together the remaining cream and corn starch and add to the sauce, whisking well. Cook, stirring until thickened. Add a few drops of lemon juice. Adjust the seasoning and pour the sauce over the pieces of chicken.
- Red Lobster Alaska Snow Crab With Red Sauce
- General Jackson Showboat Shrimp Scampi
- Patinette Rigatoni With Spicy Rock Shrimp
- Chez Vincent Rack Of Lamb With Blue Cheese Sauce
- Dijon pork chops