Applesauce Jumbles With Browned Butter Glaze Recipe
A tasty new spin on regular apple sauce.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Mix together all ingredients. If dough is soft, cover and refrigerate until a little firmer.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonsful about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven until almost no indentation remains when touched - about 10 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool and spread with Browned Butter Glaze.
- Browned Butter Glaze
1/3 cup butter
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- Heat butter over low heat until golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Beat in 2 to 4 tablespoons hot water until smooth and of desired consistency.
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake
- Cream Cheese Dough With Prune And Nut Filling
- Clifton-the Country Inn White Chocolate And Berry Terrine With Raspberry Sauce
- Pecan Pie Muffins
- Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins