Heaven On Seven Grilled Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwich Recipe
I love to eat Po' Boys when I travel South, but I can make this simple grilled shrimp recipe at home.
- Remoulade Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup small capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
12 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
2 teaspoons Creole spice mix
1 loaf Cuban bread *
1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced thin
- To make sauce: In a medium bowl, blend mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, parsley, green onions, capers, chopped garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- To make sandwiches: In a large bowl, coat the shrimp with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the Creole spice. Grill or broil the shrimp, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Cut loaf vertically into four 6-inch pieces, then cut each piece horizontally not quite all the way through. If desired, pull out some of the bread and discard. Brush the inside of each piece with the remaining 4 tablespoons oil and rub the oil-coated bread with garlic halves. Toast the bread until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Let the bread cool slightly, then layer lettuce, tomato and shrimp on each piece. Top with Remoulade Sauce and close sandwiches, or pass it in a sauceboat at the table.
- NOTE: If Cuban bread isn't available, use French bread.
- Honey Baked Chicken
- Bennigan's Bamboo Chicken And Shrimp Skewers
- Chorizo Con Huevos
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Firecracker Shrimp
- Fish Chowder Baby Food