Antoine's Shrimp Creole Recipe
Shrimp Creole is one of my favorite Cajun recipes.
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Saute in 2 tablespoons butter the green pepper and onion. Add the tomatoes and juice and other seasonings. Blend in the cornstarch using a wire whip. Simmer covered 1 hour.
- Saute the shrimp in 3 tablespoons butter that has been seasoned with salt and pepper. Add to the sauce. This is better if made a day ahead of time. Can be frozen. Serve with white rice.
- Serves 4.