Bennigan's Shrimp And Pasta Recipe
I love this shrimp and pasta recipe. It tastes just like the Bennigan's version.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon stick butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Irish brown ale
- 1 package white sauce mix, whisked with 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cherry tomato, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Garnish with chopped scallions and freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and soft. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant. Add ale, white sauce mixture and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until sauce thickens. Add shrimp. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add shrimp and sauce. Toss to mix and coat. When serving, sprinkle with the scallions and cheese.
- Servings: 4
- Planet Hollywood Penne Pasta With Rock Shrimp
- Seafood Pasta Salad
- Creamy, Cheesy Pasta Deluxe
- Pasta with Mushroom Cheese Sauce
- Healthier French Fries