Broiled Nile Perch With Rosemary Recipe
- 7-1/2 lbs filet of Nile perch, or other thick filets of white-fleshed fish
- 5 large shallots, chopped fine (about 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- With a little of the oil, oil a large baking dish or a cookie sheet with high edges.
- Lay the fish neatly in a single layer in the dish.
- Spread the shallots, rosemary, and black pepper over the fish.
- Remove the green stem scar from the tomatoes, and cut each tomato into 8 segments.
- Scatter the tomatoes over the fish.
- Trickle the rest of the olive oil over the whole.
- Let stand 1/2 hour to marinate, turning once. You will have to move the tomatoes out of the way and move them back again.
- Broil about 6" from the source of heat for 20 minutes, or until the fish starts to brown slightly. Turn off the heat, and let the fish continue to cook for another 10 minutes in the residual heat.
- Serve with rice or boiled potatoes, spooning some of the pan juices over the side dish.
- Stuffing Covered Pork Chops
- Hard Rock Cafe Love Me Tenders With Sauce
- Tamale Beans
- Copeland's Pan Fried Shrimp Scampi
- Harry Caray's Beef Medallions In Beer Sauce