Madeira Mushrooms Recipe
An elegant side for any occasion
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1-1/2# mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine
- sliced green onions for garnish
- In sauce pan, saute onions in the butter for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5-8 minutes, until browned and tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. In same sauce pan, mix the sour cream and flour until blended. Return to heat, stir until very thick and bubbly. Gradually whisk in the milk, salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the Medeira and the reserved mushrooms with the juice. Heat through and serve in a chafing dish. Sprinkle with the sliced green onions and paprika.
- Serve with toast points or crackers.
- Also great on steak or burgers.