Vanilla Sugar Loaf Recipe
So this recipe takes a little effort, but I am sure you will find it worth the time, especially if you like vanilla as much as I do. It is great as a cake or bread (if you can decide).
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large egg
- 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour 1 1/4 cups sugar into a jar. Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Scrape tiny vanilla bean seeds into sugar; cut bean into 1 inch pieces, and add to vanilla sugar. Cover and shake vigorously to mix, or stir well. Let stand 24 hours.
- Combine flour, baking powder; and salt; stir well. Beat butter at low speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Remove and discard pieces of vanilla bean from sugar. Gradually add vanilla sugar to butter; beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract; stir well. Prick tiny holes in top of loaf with a wooden pick. Spoon glaze mixture over warm loaf; let cool in pan on a wire rack 15 additional minutes. remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Christmas Cheese Cake
- Christmas Pineapple Cake
- Peppermint Frosting
- Christmas Peppermint Candy Cheesecake
- Fruit And Nut Cheese Ball