Chinese Green Beans Recipe
Fresh green beans and a love of Chinese flavorings is all you really need to enjoy this recipe. The mixture of flavors you get from the green onions, garlic, ginger, and sugar heated in sesame oil is wonderful. Enjoy these green beans with your next meal, but please serve them right from the skillet to get the best taste.
- 1 Lb fresh green beans
- 3 T sesame oil
- 2 Green onions (chopped)
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 Thin slices fresh ginger
- 1 t Sugar
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 T Soy sauce
- 1/4 C Water
- Cook the green beans in just enough boiling water to cover the green beans for 3 to 4 minutes
- Immediately strain the green beans with cold water to stop cooking, then dry beans with paper towels (dry the beans do not squish them).
- Stirring constantly in a skillet or wok, cook green onions, garlic and ginger in hot sesame oil for 1 minute.
- Continuing stirring, add sugar, salt and soy sauce and heat throughly until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the dried grean beans and water
- Reduce heat to medium, and stir-fry for 3 minutes
- Serve right away