Molasses Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Mmmmm... pumpkin pie. I absolutely love a wonderful pumpkin pie. The molasses in this pie gives it a different taste, but a wonder ful taste. Putting this on your Thanksgiving table will make you a hit with your guests
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 in.)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups canned or cooked pumpkin
- 3 T molasses
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Whipped topping
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with the pastry. Trim to ½ in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
- Beat in pumpkin and molasses; gradually add milk.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425 F. for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil. Reduce heat to 350 F. and bake 28-32 minutes longer or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- Chill until serving.
- Serve with whipped topping.
- Festive Pumpkin Pie
- Sweet Potato Dip
- Turkey Cranberry Relish Scoops
- Eggnog Custard Pie
- Moist Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Meal Type: Pie
- Ethnicity: American
- Holiday Category: Thanksgiving
- Preparation Time: Over 1 hour, less than 1 day