Candy Corn Cookies Recipe
A great Halloween recipe that's fun to include the kids while making. Candy corn is an absolute favorite of my daughter, and these remind her of candy corn
- 1 package (18-ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow food coloring paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon orange food coloring paste
- 1/2 cup while chocolate chips
- orange and yellow colored sugars
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Using an electric mixer on low, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Add lemon zest and yellow food coloring to 1 portion of dough. With the mixer on low, until blended; set aside. Add orange zest and orange food coloring to another portion of the dough; beat until blended. Leave remaining portion plain.
- Divide each dough section in half. Roll 1 piece of each color into a 12-inch long rope. Transfer dough ropes to a lightly floured work surface, side by side and lengthwise, with the orange rope in the middle. Place parchment paper over dough; gently roll into a 14 x 4 inch rectangle. Remove parchment paper. Using a knife, cut dough into 12 equal triangles.
- Transfer triangles, 1 inch apart, to an ungreased baking sheet. Push a ruler against sides of triangles to straighten edges. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake until lightly browned, 9-11 minutes; let cool for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave white chocolate on HIGH until melted, about 1 minute. Dip white end of cookies into chocolate then into colored sugars. Let stand until set. Makes about 2 dozen.
- Cinnamon Crackle Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cookies
- Boo-tiful Haunted Houses
- Crunchy Caramel Snack Mix
- Caramel Popcorn Balls