Antipasto Salad Recipe
A light decorative way to start any good meal
- 1 (9 oz.) pkg. frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped (dried and crushed if fresh isn't available)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Lettuce Leaves (your choice)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 (6 1/2 oz.) can tuna (water pack) or crab meat, drained and broken into chunks
- 2 c. small mushroom buttons
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, cut into strips (fresh Mozzarella can be used if available)
- Cook artichoke hearts according to package directions; drain well
- Meanwhile, for salad dressing, combine vinegar, olive oil, basil, parsley, dash of salt, and dash of pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 serving plates. Arrange artichoke hearts, tomatoes, tuna or crab, mushrooms, and cheese atop lettuce. Drizzle with salad dressing.
- Serves 4.
- Tortellini Salad
- Maggiano's Little Italy Apple And Fennel Salad With Caper Sauce
- Tomatoes Lutece
- Italian Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi